Monday, 7 July 2014

Eating and Walking

The first wealth is health.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've had a bit of a busy weekend (for a change), today I walked 14 miles in training for my marathon walk. It was really hard going and by mile 4 I was already flagging.  However, we persevered and managed to make it to the finish line (with the help of some jelly babies).
We walked from Grove Park, through Eltham, Woolwich, under the Thames, which was cool but I was too exhausted to take a picture, and then finally through to Docklands and home.  Luckily the weather was better than last week when we got soaked, but I was exhausted and did lots and lots of stretching before I went to bed so I didn't waddle around like last Monday with sore bum muscles.

With all this walking, I've decided to start trying some new foods.  I'm a really picky eater so this week I took the challenge of granola!  I got some yogurt and a fruity granola and have been forcing myself to eat it all week.  It's no longer absolutely disgusting, more un-enjoyable so I feel like I've made progress already.  Next challenge is going to be muesli - but that might be another week away....
Healthy breakfast
Sunflowers

Darcey chilling
I spent the weekend with my sister and family. It was lovely to hang out together and I especially like playing with Darcey the cat (she's very elegant don't you know!) as I no longer have my own pet... . 
We had lunch at Cote, birthday cake, a BBQ, salted caramel cupcakes, pimms and Bucks Fizz - what's not to like?

x

7 comments:

  1. your cat is so adorable! lovely post :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/07/cosmo-best-new-beauty-blog.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 14 miles, I'd be dead! Good luck in the marathon :)

    http://madnessbymeg.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)