Monday, 4 January 2016

2016 travel inspiration

“Never hesitate to go far away, beyond all seas, all frontiers, all countries, all beliefs.”
― Amin Maalouf, Leo Africanus  

 
In 2015 I managed a record 5 holidays. One family trip, 2 mini breaks and 2 girls holidays.
I went to Europe and America... and I loved it. So how can I better it in 2016?

My top holiday destinations for 2016 are.....

Berlin. This one is already pencilled in for late Spring. I've heard so much good about Berlin and I cant wait to get it booked.  I've been to Germany a couple of times before but only for very quick work trips, never as a holiday.

Montenegro & Croatia. I have a girls trip on pencil for the Summer and I'm hoping to get to either Croatia or Montenegro, both have been highly recommended to me.

New York. The Big Apple is absolutely top of my list. I've been keen to go (again) for a while, but the need is overtaking me! It's certainly not a budget trip and I'm toying with the idea of a trip to Boston on the way.. I better get saving.

Tuscany & Florence. Since I took up Italian last year I've been to Venice and Sardinia and I'd like to add more Italian towns and cities to that list asap.  I can practice ordering my ice creams until then.

If I can't get away as much as I'd like then perhaps a couple of 'staycations' will suffice. Top of the UK list is Soho Farmhouse - or any luxury hotel/spa type place.  It looks so glam and it would be nice to live like the other half for an evening or two!
Then perhaps York, or Harrogate (the flood situation has been awful, I cant believe how unlucky they have been).

Anyway, the list goes on and I'm sure I'll keep adding to it.  I'm off to top up the piggy bank

x

3 comments:

  1. Marvellous plan - "The world is like a book and those who do not travel read only one page x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Berlin, my friend went last year and couldn't stop talking about how much he enjoyed his vacation there. Love this list!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yay, will be sure to blog it when i m back :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)